Monday, September 25, 2006

3:16 (part 4) - Whose Shoes I am Not Worthy to unloose

Luke 3:16

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:


Hi, did you completely memorized John 3:16, 1 John 3:16, Philippians 3:16, and 1 Timothy 3:16 ?

Can you try to associate all these verses in your mind?

No? You got to try to memorize all of them. It is easy. If you have completed, please come back here. I will wait for you. :)

===

Okay. Lets recap and associate all the verses we had memorized. Here is the summary:

John 3:16 >> God love me...

1 John 3:16 >> So, I gotta love by brethen how God love me...

Philippians 3:16
>> That is why, we need to be united by walking the same rule...

1 Timothy 3:16 >> And, based on the testimonial of Jesus (the mystery of godliness), we preach the gospel to the Gentiles.

But, while we labor for Jesus, at some point of time, we feel like we deserve some "extra- points" from God. We think that we have done God a big favor. I believe there is a natural tendency for human to feel like that. To feel as if we are "extra-spiritual" because we did the job.

But let us meditate on John had said:

"...the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose..."

John, himself do not feel worthy to serve Jesus. For him, serving Jesus indeed is a honor and a privilege.

Don't we think we should pray so that we will feel likewise?

God bless

next verse: Grant You, According to the Riches of His Glory (memorize Ephesians 3:16)

No comments: